GSAM - GENESIS Structural Optimization for ANSYS Mechanical
GENESIS Structural Optimization for ANSYS®(*) Mechanical (GSAM) is an integrated extension that adds Structural optimization to the ANSYS® environment. GSAM can perform topology optimization as well as topography, freeform, sizing and topometry design. Designers benefit by automatically generating innovative designs in a reliable, robust and easy-to-use interface. The extension allows the user to setup the structural optimization problem, optimize, post-processing, export optimized geometry all within ANSYS® environment.
GENESIS Topology Optimization for ANSYS®(*) Mechanical (GTAM) is a subset of GSAM. GTAM is limited to topology optimization only.
GTAM/GSAM helps to design light and/or stiff structures. It also helps users to improve the performance of their designs. The software uses advanced optimization techniques that allows users to quickly generate efficient structural designs.
Reduce Cost and Improve Performance - generating new designs based on user criteria such as mass minimization, frequency maximization, buckling load or displacement constraints and many more.
Reduce Engineering Time - efficient solver and robust optimizer speeds up the solving time, especially for large scale problem.
Generate Innovative Designs - providing design insights and helping create innovative designs
- Multiple Analysis Systems - Supports different analysis systems such as Static, Modal, Linear Buckling, Harmonic, Random, Thermal and Transient. Multiple loading conditions can be designed simultaneously.
- Built-in Responses for Objectives and Constraints - Multiple built-in responses for objectives and constraints such as strain energies, frequencies, mass, displacement, contact pressure/clearance, stress, equivalent radiated power, etc.
- Built-in Manufacturing Constraints for Topology Optimization - Comprehensive built-in manufacturing constraints for the designable region such as symmetries, extrusion, casting, stamping, radial filling, minimum/maximum member size, etc.
- Built-in Manufacturing Constraints for Topography, Freeform and Topometry Optimization - Comprehensive built-in manufacturing constraints for the designable region such as symmetries, extrusion, bead/grid fractions, coarse freeform, coarse topometry, etc.
- Integration with ANSYS® - The user can perform structural optimization for linear static, nonlinear static, thermal-static, and transient analysis using the ANSYS solver.