ESLDYNA – Large Scale Optimization for LS-DYNA Analysis
ESLDYNA is an optimization software that couples Genesis® optimization to the LS-DYNA®(*) Nonlinear Analysis.
ESLDYNA is based on the Equivalent Static Loads (ESL) method which takes advantage of the ability of GENESIS to solve large scale optimization problems using external responses from the LS-DYNA nonlinear finite element solver. One of the key advantages of ESLDYNA is to significantly reduce the run time by identifying high performance designs with only five to ten nonlinear analyses.
(*) LS-DYNA is a trademark of Livermore Software Technology Corporation. LS-DYNA is a general-purpose finite element program capable of simulating highly nonlinear, transient dynamic problems.
- Reduced Computational Cost. Solution converge in only 5 to 15 design cycles
- Easy implementation of Shape, Sizing, Topology, Topometry, Topography, and Freeform design changes
- Simple and efficient coupling using a Design Studio Plugin
- Seamless integrates Genesis® optimization capabilities with LS-DYNA® analysis
- Multiple LS-DYNA® loading conditions or input files can be considered simultaneously
- Linear loading conditions/analysis can also be used in the same optimization. This allows for MDO optimization (e.g. simultaneously optimize for stiffness and NVH)
Ability to transfer data between FE Meshes of different resolutions