What Can Moldex3D Do?
- Visualize the filling pattern between die and substrate driven by the capillary flow
- Analyze dispensing parameters and consider constant contact angle
- Evaluate the effects of bump pitch and bump pattern on flip chip underfill
- Predict void locations and prevent potential defects
- Achieve process optimization and cost reduction
Enhancements of Underfill Molding
Due to low thermal expansion coefficient of flip chip materials, deformation often occurs in a thermal cycle. The unexpected deformation will cause mechanical fatigue and lead to solder defects or breaking problems. Therefore, Underfill Molding has been developed to increase the quality reliability of flip chip.
Challenges in Underfill Simulation
- Calculate the surface tension force accurately
- Track the stability of melt advancement
Explore Moldex3D’s Capabilities
- Visualize the surface tension behavior among encapsulant, bumps and substrate
- Visualize the filling pattern of the dynamic dispensing process
- Predict the locations of voids to enhance the quality of flip chip
- Predict field plot and internal conversion distribution