What Can Moldex3D Do?
- Visualize stress and displacement distributions of parts and part inserts
- Evaluate plastic displacements under certain external loadings
- Evaluate mechanical strength around welding line region
- Evaluate structure resistance in consideration with fiber orientation effect
Electronics, Automotive, Medical, Consumer Product, IC Packaging
Benefits of Stress Analysis
Stress Analysis has been mainly applied for designers to observe stress distribution inside parts and part inserts. The stress distribution has a significant impact on part quality and structural strength, influenced by many molding factors, including temperature, force, part shape and size, material properties, etc. The stress over safety loading may destroy structural strength and cause breakage on the part. Therefore, obtaining accurate stress analysis results upfront is crucial for designers to reduce fatigue failure and extend product life cycle.
Explore Moldex3D’s Capabilities
- Predict potential deformation problems to evaluate material properties and process conditions
- Consider welding line effect to provide more accurate prediction on welding line position
- Visualize fiber orientation that will affect shrinkage and part strength
- Predict potential displacement of part inserts or paddle shift behavior due to uniform flow-induced pressure