Why FEA Interface?
CAE simulation for injection molded plastics has been widely applied in industries for design validation and process optimization. The characteristics of plastic materials are extremely dependent on the molding process; however, the process-induced properties, such as fiber-induced anisotropic mechanical properties, may not be favorable to the structural requirement of the final product. Moldex3D FEA Interface is a series of interface modules that integrate Moldex3D with mainstream structural FEA software, including ANSYS, ABAQUS, LS-DYNA, Marc, Nastran, OptiStruct, etc. It helps users to output CAE analysis results from Moldex3D, such as temperature distribution, pressure distribution, fiber orientation or residual stress, and import them into the structural analysis software. Moldex3D FEA also support fiber orientation of 3D mesh result can be mapping to 2D shell mesh. Therefore, users can further evaluate advanced structural strength and impact property more accurately.
- Output solid meshes of parts
- Output final warped part mesh
- Output residual stress, temperature, and flow pressure
- Map analysis results from original meshes to user-defined meshes
- Output fiber-induced anisotropic mechanical properties (with Micromechanics Interface module)
What Can Moldex3D FEA Interface Do?
- Build Moldex3D extension toolbar and buttons in ANSYS Mechanical user interface
- Allow to set analysis properties and view results in the post-processor
- Allow to map material properties between different meshes
- Allow to output thermal- or flow-induced stress, EOP/EOC temperature, and initial strain
Efficiency Enhancements on the Integration with ABAQUS
- Support the full model analysis in ABAQUS
- Consider the complete model anisotropic property for ABAQUS stress analysis
- Save the calculation time and memory usage when running ABAQUS stress analysis
More expanding and advanced integrations with different FEA products
- Consumer Product
- IC Packaging
Applicable Moldex3D Package
- Moldex3D eDesign Package
- Moldex3D Professional Package
- Moldex3D Advanced Package