HIGH PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS 2022
Important for Hands-on Sessions:
- Please early register for the Hands-On sesssions, taking into account the limited number of seats! (8 for each software).
- For the Hands-on sessions, please make sure you bring your personal laptop. Licenses will be provided by INAS, based on the registration form. Licenses must be installed at least 3 days before the conference.
- After submitting the registration form you will receive all the necessary steps to activate your license.
ODB++ archives consist of a standard collection of folders and data files used to describe almost everything needed to design and analyze circuit cards.
Even if Sherlock successfully imports all the data from CAD file, it is still very important to review all of the components in the Parts List to ensure that the information is accurate. Many properties contained in CAD files are simply passed along as whatever string values were entered by the user.
The Parts List contains lots of details that are best displayed in tabular form and processed using tabbed forms, but circuit cards are intrinsically graphical, as are the analysis results associated with them. As such Ansys Sherlock provides a sophisticated Layer Viewer with a collection of graphical tools that can be used to review, analyze and update circuit card information. This section describes how the Layer Viewer can be used to review and modify the circuit card information imported directly from CAD files in preparation for analysis.
- Overview of the available materials data and tools
- Systematic material section methodology
- Case study 1 - Material selection for a Longboard
- Coupling material selection (Granta EduPack) and structural analysis (Ansys Discovery)
- Case study 2 - Evaluate material choice impact on the Longboard simulation and find the optimal design for each material candidate
- Environmental impact analysis of design choices
- Case study 3 – Life cycle inventory of a water bottle
- Procedure for explicit numerical simulation of a vehicle crash into guardrails according to the EN 1317 regulation from a small car to a heavy truck.
- Numerical simulation of a vehicle attack against a mobile barrier according to PAS68, STANAG 2280, CWA16221.
- Ballistic simulation of ceramics materials according STANAG 4569. Testing of material properties.
- Blast simulation of multilayer sandwich with absorbing materials.
- Ansys LSDYNA simulation environment.
Creo Design Essentials - the basic package offered today by PTC - redefines the design standard, including a number of innovative features and functionality typical of intelligent design, and which you can benefit from right from the moment of purchase.
The package includes:
- Creo Parametric: 3D Part & Assembly Design, Automatic 2D Drawing Creation, Parametric & Freestyle Surfacing, Sheet Metal Design, Mechanism Design, Plastic Part Design, Direct Modeling (Flexible Modeling), Additive Manufacturing, Augmented Reality, etc.
- Extended Collaboration
- Piping and Cabling
- Human Factor Design
- Photorealistic Rendering
- Structural Analysis
- Migration of Legacy Data
- Intelligent Fastner Design
- Design Exploration
- Framework and Weld Design
We invite you to experience some of these facilities in an interactive working session, which will consist of 4 to 6 hours.
Title: Complete design cycle for Process Plant
During this session attendees will be able to go through the steps of the complete Plant design phase.
We will play the main roles of the design workflows – Project Manager (reviewing the design), Process Engineer (taking care of the PID diagram), Mechanical Engineer (maintaining the 3D model).
We will start from reviewing the draft of the PID diagram, creating markup to request a change and sending it back to the process Engineer,
As Process Engineer we will review the markup, adjust the diagram accordingly and report that back.
As Mechanical Engineer we will re-use process data from the PID diagram during modeling.
We will run the clash detection to make sure the multidiscipline model is clash free.
We will generate the deliverables and share them with all relevant project stakeholders.
Presenter: Jaroslaw Sitek, Application Engineer Team Manager - Plant EMEA
Duration: 4 hours
- Creating an analysis project;
- Importing 3D CAD geometry and preparing for analysis;
- Assigning material and defining process parameters;
- Solving, post-processing and interpretation of results.
This hands-on will introduce you to Vericut 9, you will learn:
- How to monitor the NC Program
- Find and detect Errors
- Measure features with X-Caliper
- Compare Cut Stock to Design to detect gouges with AUTODIFF
- Create Tool library
- Create coordinate systems and Work Offsets
- Create a Tool Library using STEP Assemblies
- Generate Reports
- You will be introduced to Force (Vericut Optimization module)
- Use CAM Interface to import projects into Vericut (Creo-to-Vericut Interface)