Integrated Structural Modeling (ISM) – Synchronized structural workflows for the office or field
Integrated Structural Project Workflows Software
Bentley’s Integrated Structural Modeling (ISM) allows you to share structural engineering project information among modeling, analysis, design, drafting, and detailing software applications. ISM facilitates interoperability across engineering teams and design disciplines, allowing designers to choose the products best suited for a particular project. With ISM-based workflows you can:
- Exchange data
- Synchronize revisions
- Track progress
- Compare alternatives
- Publish deliverables
ISM includes the following apps and technologies:
The viewing and revision management application for ISM, Structural Synchronizer has an intuitive graphical interface that is ideal for managing changes to ISM repositories or just for basic review and navigation.
Any file created with ISM can be reviewed in Structural Navigator, Bentley’s mobile app for structural design review and coordination, available for Apple and Android mobile devices. Tools for markups, issue resolution, and clash detection are available in this app.
ISM-Revit Plugin and ISM-Tekla Plugin
ISM interoperability is a fundamental capability of Bentley analytical and design modeling applications such as STAAD, RAM, AECOsim, and ProStructures. In addition, Bentley extends ISM interoperability to third-party products as well. Revit and Tekla can interoperate with ISM through plugins available for each application.
Integrated Structural Modeling (ISM) Capabilities
Design and model piping
- Design, model, and analyze 3D piping systems to international piping specifications based on parametric component catalogs. Integrate the 3D piping model with pipe stress analysis tools to increase design quality and design productivity. Improve the overall engineering integrity and quality of piping models.
Integrate structural workflows across applications
- Transfer structural model geometry and design results from one application to another and synchronize changes over time. Perform design reviews across your entire team with seamlessly integrated 3D applications and BIM platforms.
Model building structures
- Model, analyze, and design with intuitive applications tailored especially to the needs of building structures. Quickly obtain comprehensive and thorough designs that conform to international building code requirements.
Review structural models and drawings
- Review structural models, properties, and design results created from various applications. Maximize the interoperability of your structural information among different specialized applications.
Track and rollback structural design changes
- Manage design changes made to the 3D model, tracking revisions with optional descriptions and timestamps. At any time during the project, selected changes can be rolled back or undone. Explore multiple design scenarios, as well as recover quickly from modeling errors.