MicroStation - Design Modeling Software
MicroStation’s advanced parametric 3D modeling capabilities allow infrastructure professionals of any discipline to deliver data-driven, BIM-ready models. Your team can aggregate their work on MicroStation, including designs and models created with Bentley’s discipline specific BIM applications. As a result, you can create comprehensive, multi-discipline BIM models, documentation, and other deliverables. Since your project team will work in a universal modeling application, they can communicate easily to share intelligent deliverables and maintain the full integrity of your data.
MicroStation and all Bentley BIM applications are built on the same comprehensive modeling platform. You therefore can easily progress your MicroStation work into discipline specific workflows with Bentley’s design and analytical modeling BIM applications. With this flexibility, each member of your project team has exactly the right application for the work they need to do.
Get all the advantages of BIM without the need to change your existing workflows.
Create project deliverables
- Generate consistent, high-quality deliverables such as paper plots, reports, 2D/3D PDFs, i-models, and 3D physical models. Create annotation, display styles, and reports directly from the embedded properties of objects to ensure that they will always remain in sync with the design model during work-in-progress.
Design in context
- Clearly understand existing conditions and accelerate design modeling workflows with the ability to easily integrate imagery, point clouds, and 3D reality meshes into design and construction models. Integrate geospatial information to ensure that models are precisely geospatially located.
Design with true 3D parametric modeling
- Develop even the most complex design models with a wide range of design modeling tools, including surface, mesh, feature, and solid modeling. Build parametric functional components with predefined variations to easily find and manage many similar components. Use drawing extraction tools which automatically immerse drawings within models for improved clarity and streamlined documentation workflows.
- Ensure the proper application of organizational and project-specific standards and content. Apply templates to control geometry and data standards such as styles for dimensions, text, lines, detail symbols, and more. Once designs are complete, use automated tools to check drawings for standards compliance. Discover how you can manage design changes and drawing standards, and control and protect files.
Lay out and annotate drawings
- Create precise drawings using a comprehensive set of drafting tools to rapidly progress your designs from concept to completion. Use persistent constraints to maintain your design intent and speed drafting and annotation workflows with intelligent, interactive snapping and dynamic data entry.
Produce animations and renderings
- Secure stakeholder buy-in by producing realistic movies and simulations from design, construction, and operational models. Choose from keyframe and time-based animation. Get the results you want, faster, using live on-screen animation previews and distributed network processing. Create lifelike visualizations and access online and delivered libraries of physically correct materials, lighting, and rich photorealistic content.
Visualize and analyze designs
- Understand designs more clearly by analyzing and performing data visualizations on models based on their geometry or underlying attributes. Perform analysis of real-world solar exposure and shading. Apply real-time display styles to visualize models based on each object’s height, slope, aspect angle, and other embedded properties. Visualize reality meshes based on associated spatial and attribute data.
Work collaboratively on designs
- View and work with design information from others in real time using live referencing of 2D and 3D DGN, DWG, and large image files, refreshed on demand. Create and exchange digital markups of designs. Track and easily understand changes made to design files, even at the component-level, throughout their lifecycle. Improve enterprise-wide collaboration through integration with ProjectWise.
Work in a personalized environment
- Confidently work in the right context for each project with the required settings and standards automatically applied. Instantly get help and achieve mastery with access to a comprehensive library of learning content. Streamline your workflow and integrate with enterprise systems using a wide range of available tools to customize the user interface including Microsoft (VBA), .NET, C++, C# and user-defined macros. Personalize and group tools and tasks and reduce keystrokes with customizable menus.