RM Bridge - Master bridge engineering
Bridge Design, Analysis, and Construction Software
- RM Bridge is the basic application of the RM Bridge family. It is suitable for analysis, design, and load rating of concrete, steel, and timber bridges of all types, such as girder bridges, truss bridges, arch bridges, as well as, segmental bridges. It can be used for straight, curved, or skewed bridges. RM Bridge supports over 20 international design codes. The advanced analysis methods include static and linear dynamic analysis, soil-structure interaction, time-dependent creep, and shrinkage analysis. Address complex construction sequences with support for an unlimited number of construction stages.
- RM Bridge Advanced extends RM Bridge capabilities to nonlinear analysis, FEM, pushover, and time-history analysis, as well as high speed rail analysis. It includes the specialized Balanced Cantilever tool for easier generation of construction sequences for segmental bridges and RM Cast tool for setting up segment geometry in the casting yard.
- RM Bridge Enterprise is the premier version of RM Bridge and includes all of the RM capabilities. RM Bridge Enterprise extends RM Bridge Advanced capabilities to cable-stayed and suspension bridges. It also includes advanced hydrodynamic and wind analyses, as well as two specialized tools for advanced construction methods – Erection Control for shape adjustment during construction and Incremental Launching for building bridges overhead with no temporary support or false work.
RM Bridge Capabilities
Analyze, design, and rate bridges
- Streamline bridge modeling, analysis, and load-rating for both existing and new bridges with an integrated toolset. Leverage various international design code specifications and rating methodologies for verification.
Analyze seismic loading
- Define seismic excitation with relevant accelerograms or ground motion histories, and perform special tasks in earthquake engineering for increased efficiency and optimal structural performance.
Capture roadway geometry and topography
- Reuse civil data obtained directly from Bentley road products such as GEOPAK, Bentley InRoads, or MXROAD, and import roadway information and ground data from LandXML files.
Conduct finite element analysis
- Combine the advantages of the classical beam theory and the finite element method (FEM) with hybrid FEM modeling.
Coordinate multi-discipline bridge teams
- Exchange project information including bridge geometry, materials, loads, prestressing strand pattern, and shear reinforcement to improve decision making. Streamline engineering content management with real-time collaboration and share, reuse, and repurpose data throughout the bridge lifecycle to minimize risk of design error and construction issues.
Design and analyze cable-stayed, suspension, and arch bridges
- Design and analyze signature bridges of all types, classes, and materials, including cable-stayed, suspension, and arch bridges. Streamline massive analytical tasks and save time with software that can handle challenging engineering designs.
Design and analyze concrete bridges
- Intelligently manage your data and streamline the process of modeling, analysis, design code checking, detailed design reports, and automated drawings. Support everyday concrete bridges of all types, including precast and cast-in-place, reinforced, pre-tensioned, and post-tensioned. Support multiple design codes, including US AASHTO LRFD and LFD, Canadian CHBDC, and Indian IRC Working Stress and Limit States Design.
Design and analyze steel bridges
- Model, design, analyze, and load-rate and optimize steel I-girder and tub-girder bridges using powerful analysis techniques such as Finite Element Modeling (FEM) and Response Spectrum Analysis, according to AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design specifications.
Design and analyze superstructures and substructures
- Use a synthesis of geometric modeling, substructure and superstructure analysis, and design in a single information-rich environment to benefit from a comprehensive bridge model.
Design bridges for high speed rail (HSR)
- Evaluate high-speed rail impacts on any bridge with time dependent load, time dependent masses, and non-linear damping devices. Analyze transit events by using train and velocity data. Automatically consider a set of various load trains passing over the bridge at different speeds
Evaluate and employ various erection control methods
- Consider, in detail, the influence of special construction techniques, and provide exact data on deformation states throughout the erection process. Leverage special construction procedures such as the incremental launching method, cantilever method, in-situ casting, and more.
Generate bridge project deliverables
- Generate detailed reports. Create 3D models and 2D drawings for sections, elevations, and framing plans.
Perform static, dynamic, and stability analysis
- Analyze bridges using response spectrum analysis, time history analysis, or equivalent static load analysis. Perform second-order analysis including structural stability checks.
Perform wind buffeting and wind computational fluid dynamics analyses
- Calculate aerodynamic coefficients and their derivatives for any bridge or pylon cross-section, eliminating the need for wind tunnel tests in preliminary design. Consider the aero-elastic behavior of the structure and the wind loading correlation with wind buffeting analysis in time domain on all bridge types, including floating suspension bridges. Perform a complete analysis of the combined wind and wave forces, as well as other time-dependent loads such as earthquake loads, moving loads, and wave loads.
Sequence construction and phasing
- Investigate the different stages in stage-wise construction – comparing results, detecting the relevant states, and producing result envelopes for proof checking. Account for creep, shrinkage, and relaxation and solve problems before construction begins.
Visualize bridge designs
- Experience instantaneous 3D visualization of the bridge superstructure and substructure. Visualize designs and rapidly verify modeling input as you work. View in-profile, elevation, and cross-section views with solid and transparent view options to help explore areas with complex geometry.