What is ArCADia-IFC?
The program enables the user to import IFC files (e.g. from Revit and ArchiCAD) to the ArCADia BIM system as well as to export an architectural design along with the installations and networks, in the IFC format.
The program allows to import the body of a building in the IFC format (e.g. from Revit and ArchiCAD) while transforming objects (walls, ceilings) into elements of the ArCADia BIM system. When a design, with the installations and outer networks, is imported, elements of these installations are loaded as 3D objects with the information about their properties. The program exports ArCADia BIM system designs in the IFC format through exporting the body of a building with the installations and outer networks.
If a design has been created and exported correctly, the objects that are imported from an IFC file will be converted into elements of the ArCADia BIM system or into 3D objects with the information about their properties. If the objects do not comply with the assumptions of the system (e.g. all ceilings from all levels have been created on one level), they might not be loaded when imported.
In order to work, all industry-specific modules need a license for:
- ArCADia LT or ArCADia 10 or ArCADia PLUS 10 or Autodesk software AutoCAD 2014/2015/2016/2017.
- If an industry-specific module is installed as an overlay for AutoCAD, ArCADia AC module is required.
- Pentium-class computer (Intel Core i5 recommended)
- 2 GB RAM minimum (8 GB recommended)
- About 3 GB free hard disc space for installation
- A graphics card compatible with DirectX 9.0 (a 1GB RAM card recommended)
- OS: Windows 10 or Windows 8 or Windows 7 (Windows 10 64-bit recommended)