Ansys SCADE Architect
SCADE Architect is part of the Ansys Embedded Software family of products, which gives you a design environment for systems with high dependability requirements. It provides full support of industrial systems engineering processes, such as ARP 4754A, ISO 26262 and EN 50126.
This product features functional and architectural system modeling and verification in a SysML-based environment. It provides a strong foundation to deploy model-based systems engineering (MBSE) processes and best practices. A key feature is the capability to generate consistent and comprehensive interface control documents (ICD).
SCADE Architect has been specifically developed for systems engineers; the underlying SysML™ technology is hidden, making modeling more user-friendly and intuitive than standard SysML tools or plain databases.
By using SCADE Architect in conjunction with other Ansys SCADE tools, system and software engineers can work within the same framework. Developers can quickly synchronize the system model and the software subsystem components, ensuring consistency of the software architecture and modeling efficiency — for instance, for the management of I/O definitions. Delivered with SCADE Suite, SCADE Architect provides an integrated software engineering solution combining software architecture and software design in a single, comprehensive user interface.
SCADE Arhitect Capabilities:
SCADE Architect Advanced Modeler is a SysML-based system design tool for critical systems modeling. The editor is user-friendly and intuitive for system engineers. It supports operational requirements analysis, functional decomposition, architecture decomposition and allocation of functions to components through drag-and-drop operations in allocation tables or directly from an object’s properties view.
SCADE Architect Advanced Modeler features the following capabilities:
Analysis of System Use Cases
- Representation of system use cases and actors interacting with the system in Use Case Diagrams
- Ability to refine uses cases with Sequence, Activity or State Machine Diagrams
Analysis of System Scenario
- Representation of operational system scenario in Sequence Diagrams
- Ability to link and navigate to actions in Activity Diagrams and states in State Machine Diagrams
Analysis of System States
- Representation of system states and transitions at any level of system decomposition in State Machine Diagrams
- Refinement of any state with referenced State Machine Diagrams
- Free text or signal usage on transitions
Analysis of System Activity
- Representation of the actions control flow within a subsystem at any level of system decomposition in Activity Diagrams
- Refinement of any action with referenced Activity or State Machine Diagrams
SCADE Architect Advanced Modeler features the following capabilities:
Functional and Architecture Design
- Functional and architecture decomposition through block diagrams
- Simple and intuitive definition of system architectures through the concept of reusable/unique blocks
- Component reuse managed with block replicas and ability to allocate items independently on each component replica
- Comprehensive visualization of component hierarchy within project tree
- Allocation of functions to components made locally to the functions or components, or through drag-and-drop in allocation tables
- Annotation mechanism to add custom properties on model objects
- Definition of data dictionaries
- Import/export of data dictionaries in Microsoft® Excel® or Comma-Separated Value files
- Data propagation across block hierarchy
- Data propagation path visualization
- Data propagation consistency checks
- Tables of model objects (I/O ports, connectors, data, allocations) with unlimited hierarchical levels and customizable columns aimed at quickly and efficiently managing long lists of data
- Ability to search table contents
System Constraints Representation
- Representation of constraints between block data in Parametric Diagrams
- Refinement of constraints in Parametric Diagrams
- Free text in constraints expression
Model-Based Design Solution
- Provides more user-friendly functionality than plain databases
- Supports all standard drawing features such as alignment, line styles, fonts, etc.
- Styles management for better visual identification of components in diagrams
- Includes navigation capabilities within model content and definitions with find and browse
Support of Collaborative Work
- Extraction of system parts for third parties, ensuring IP protection of the system model
- Management of read-only model libraries and support for library re-organization, allowing multiuser collaboration
- Multifile persistence with customizable granularity for packages and blocks, allowing fine grain Configuration Management
- Read/write access to SCADE Architect models through an OCL, TCL or Java model API
- Capability to develop specific import/export through the model API
Support for Requirements Traceability: Traceability to requirements available with the integrated SCADE LifeCycle ALM Gateway
SCADE Architect enables systems design verification with tools for model consistency checking and model diff/merge.
Model Consistency Checking
- Automatic verification of modeling rules applicable to entire model or model parts
- Set of predefined rules for common usage patterns to quickly fix violated rules
- Live Checker mode for on-the-fly rule check
- Addition of custom rules through the API (in OCL, TCL, Java)
- Customizable verification configurations to be used for different parts of the model or at different stages of the design
- Report generation in RTF or HTML with direct hyperlinks on model elements to locate violations
- Analysis of differences between system model versions
- Filters for the display of model differences
- Merge capabilities to copy changes selectively or in bulk, or to ignore changes selectively
- User control on matching strategy applicable to Diff analysis
- Tree view of differences allowing for easy understanding of removals, insertions and changes on SCADE Architect model objects
- Comprehensive report about merge actions and differences before and after merge sessions
SCADE Architect enables easy creation of interface control documents and refinement of software components in the SCADE Suite model-based software development environment.
Automated Production of Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
- Production of tables from propagated data representing interfaces of blocks
- Custom query columns (OCL, TCL, Java) enabling automated extraction of related information from the model, for example data producer and consumers, properties from the communication data path, etc.
- Import/export of table in Microsoft Excel and Comma-Separated Value files
- Customization of data to represent messages with dedicated communication protocol properties, enabling tables to represent comprehensive ICDs.
Synchronization with Software Components
SCADE Architect enables the refinement of software components in the SCADE Suite model-based software development environment through:
- Evolution of system design and software components in parallel and resynchronization upon request at chosen project milestones
- Bidirectional synchronization between system structural models and software behavioral models
- Consistent and efficient management of I/Os and data definitions and changes
- Eliminated duplication of efforts in synchronizing interfaces defined
SCADE Architect Configurator enables you to configure SCADE Architect Advanced Editor to specific needs of a group of users. Domain-specific configuration relates to the use of industry standards like IMA, FACE and AUTOSAR, or to company or project standards.
SCADE Architect Configurator features the following capabilities:
- Definition of domain-specific objects derived from SCADE Architect design elements
- Definition of domain-specific objects, properties and interobjects constraints in simplified class diagram
- Customization of domain-specific modeler with dedicated user interface palettes, property pages and menus
- Customization of objects icon, graphical styles and tables from Configurator preview for immediate reuse in configured SCADE Architect
- Automatic generation of configuration plug-ins for deployment of domain-specific modelers
- Capability to apply predefined or custom rules on meta-models with SCADE Architect Checker
The SCADE Architect Avionics Package extends and simplifies system design capabilities for the A&D market.
- Out-of-the-box templates for design of systems compliant with standard avionics protocols and operating systems, including: ARINC 653, ARINC 429, ARINC 664-P7 (AFDX) and CAN configurations
- Guidance through comprehensive industrial examples
- Configurations provided as models or source files for reuse and customization to support company-specific methods
SCADE Architect Avionics Package configuration models:
- Avionics: configures the SCADE Architect Advanced Modeler for a methodology relying on three independent layers: functional, software and platform
- A429, A664, CAN: independent configurations, allowing one to implement the links between the avionics system layers according to the ARINC 429, ARINC 664-P7 and CAN standard communication protocols
- A653: specialization of the avionics configuration to handle dedicated ARINC 653 properties
Automatic ARINC 653 table generation and resource usage checks: ARINC 664-P7 communication bandwidth verification.
Aircraft Braking System model: Comprehensive industrial example that provides guidance for the usage and deployment of the defined configurations.
The SCADE Automotive Package extends and simplifies system design capabilities for the automotive market.
It provides AUTOSAR R4.2.2 Support
- Import/export of ARXML inter-exchange format
- Dedicated SCADE Architect AUTOSAR configuration for SWC (Software Component) support
- Dedicated synchronization of “Runnables” with SCADE Suite software model
- AUTOSAR wrapper for AUTOSAR RTE-compliant code generation
Fixed Point Support and Calibration
- Library generator for fixed-point conversion, with various encodings
- ASAM MCD-2 DC (aka ASAP2) support for software calibration & measurement
Qualified Code Generation
- SCADE Suite and SCADE Display KCG Code Generators have been qualified by TÜV SÜD at TCL3 to be used for the development of ISO 26262 ASIL D software